Website Monarch NC
Turn your compassion into a career
1. Provide skill-building to individuals who are served by the Assertive Community Treatment Team.
2. Facilitate training of independent living skills, establish access to community services and agencies, assist individuals in establishing support networks in the community and assess individual needs on a daily basis.
3. Coordinate services with the program, staff, inpatient facilities, and detoxification facilities and establish linkage to residential programs, self-help programs and community resources.
4. Review treatment progress and monitor and provide continuous consultation with other Assertive Community Treatment Team staff and community agencies to ensure the consistent therapeutic management of the individual’s needs.
5. Act as liaison with the program after hours staff on a daily basis through exchange of participant information; briefly detailing the presenting problem and after hours plans for the individuals being served by the Assertive Community Treatment Team.
6. Meet regularly with the other Assertive Community Treatment Team members to formulate and disseminate information and be available by telephone and/or pager.
7. Complete an intake assessment including: medical history, general physical condition, alcohol and drug histories and current use, educational issues, family structure and relationships, vocational history and goals, legal history and issues, psychiatric history (including, onset, course, effect of illness, treatment history, medication history risk behaviors).
8. Ensure immediate and appropriate interventions are provided in response to changes in mental status which may put individual at risk.
9. Documents participant activities consistent with the service records manual. Write an event note that reflects participant activities, goals, interventions, and outcomes.
10. Develop service plans and/or person-centered plans as appropriate, and screen referrals in coordination with the other Assertive Community Treatment Team members.
11. Meet regularly to review the total caseload, problem-solve, develop plans, and determine daily duty assignments.
12. Attend and actively participate in meetings and training as required. Maintain certification in all agency, state and federal training requirements.
13. Demonstrate knowledge of and comply with all agency policies and procedures, as well as state and federal statutes and regulations related to specific program areas.
14. Follow service definition guidelines for services being provided.
15. Complete all other relevant responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
16. Driving and travel may be required.
Bachelors: Human Services, Bachelors (Required)
North Carolina Driver License (Valid) – NC Division of Motor Vehicles, QMHP – Monarch-DSM
Adult Population Experience, Developmental and Intellectual Disability Experience, Mental Health Experience, Substance Use Experience
1056054, Adult Population Experience, Bachelors, Bachelors – Human Services, Developmental and Intellectual Disability Experience, Mental Health Experience, North Carolina Driver License (Valid) – NC Division of Motor Vehicles, QMHP – Monarch-DSM, Substance Use Experience
Ability to change routine in a positive manner, Ability to solve problems as they arise, Ability to take initiative, make sound decisions, Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, Able to maintain good work attendance, Build positive relationship with people supported, Competitive work output, Contribute to a positive work environment, Demonstrate knowledge of computer programs, Demonstrate strong organizational skills, Interact and write to perform essential functions., Lift at least 25 lbs, bend, stoop, reach, Maintain safe work environment, Maintain stable work behaviors daily, Must be able to tolerate heat/humidity, Must have proficient interpersonal skills, Must participate in decision-making, Must possess adequate individual coping skills, Must respond appropriately to emergency situations, Physical stamina to work 40 hours, Sitting for long periods of time, Stand for long periods of time
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org