Website Sanctuary House
Sanctuary House is looking for an employment peer mentor to join our dynamic employment team working with adults with serious mental illness.
REQUIRED: NC Peer Support Specialist Certification – No exceptions
Employment Peer Mentors (EPMs) offer hope and motivation by drawing from their lived experience and their own employment experiences to encourage other individuals to seek and maintain employment, wellness, and community integration. Employment Peer Mentors do not hold their own caseloads, but they can support any and all individuals enrolled in the program and provide the critical elements of supported employment as needed. The responsibilities of the Employment Peer Mentor may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Promoting self-determination, recovery, self-advocacy, and self-direction; assisting individuals in identifying strengths; wellness goals; setting objectives, and identifying barriers;
- Attending treatment team meetings with the individual to promote the individual’s use of self-directed advocacy tools; assisting the individual in goal planning and participating with the individual and the ESP in the development of PCP or Employment Plan; assisting the individual in learning how to ask for appropriate services in community;
- Engaging individuals in other programs and services to encourage employment;
- Modeling self-advocacy skills for addressing disclosure issues or requesting job accommodations;
- Teaching wellness management strategies and helping individuals develop their own self-management plan and tools to use in the workplace and in their personal lives; using strategies such as Illness Management and Recovery (IMR)/Wellness Management and Recovery (WMR), Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP), and others;
- Building social skills in the community that will enhance job acquisition and tenure;
- Assisting in overcoming barriers to employment and addressing workplace challenges;
- Assisting in obtaining the proper documentation necessary for employment
Valid drivers license with clean driving records for the past 5 years required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org